El Cid's Anime Rants

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Bobobo!

About two weeks ago, I was tired. Tired of it all. I suppose this happens with too much of anything, no matter how good it is.

I felt like I had exhausted my anime pleasure. Nothing seemed to surprise me anymore. Nothing seemed fresh. Initial D was such a drag (no pun intended). I finished Escaflowne and things seemed bleak. But before I resorted to slitting my jugular and jumping off Robinson Tower in a kerosene-soaked flaming bag, I found something. Or rather I should say he found me.


Bobobo!!!

Wow! This cartoon is absolutely off the hizzle. FL CL was funny, but Bobobo got an audible laugh out of me. The guy looks like "the Rock" with a wig. Just when you think you can't get any more random, Bobobo rips off half his blonde afro in the midst of fighting with his armpit hair to reveal two gophers going through a relationship crisis. I was out of breathe.

So this rekindling was necessary. I don't know if I'll get around to watching more Bobobo, but I loved what I saw. A one night stand, if you will.

And then, the flame was fanned even more last class period. I'd go so far as to say the flame burst into a tower of fire.

We started class with Mao Chan and Hand Maid May. I was about to throw up by the end of Mao Chan. I don't know if it went over my head or what, but watching three little whiny 8-year old girls "battle" cute aliens was not my cup of sake. It had it's funny parts, but seriously, I reiterate: 8-year old girls fighting cute aliens. I digress.

And Hand Maid May has convinced me that the Japanese are just open perverts. They should be like us and be a bunch of hypocrytical taboo-ists. I mean seriously, Hand Maid May's premise is about a college nerd who has never felt the touch of a woman's body and suddenly gets this minature personal maid robot (that physically resembles a woman in every way minus her anus plug). And on top of this she's a cutie with well rounded dimensions. I mean, how much more overt can you get in animating a geek's fantasy.



Not thinking dirty thoughts yet?



Now you are!


I came to this conclusion when I tried to find the intended audience. It seemed a little childish at first, but the sheer amount of fanservice ruled kids out of the picture. The fanservice also ruled out the possibility that it may be for women as well (unless they see past all the gratuitios jiggles and appreciate the characters for the beautiful people they are on the inside). So that only left guys in the picture. But what guy wants to watch the life of a social outcast. . .unless you had some empathy. . .and in turn made me draw the conclusion. In this cartoon, you are what you watch.

But towards the end of the class, things took a 180 degree turn; And it was good.
Samurai Champloo totally rocked my world. I had no idea the masterminds behind Cowboy Bebop had this new series out!

It roxored my boxors! It shook me up! It . . .



. . . well you get the idea. And seeing as how Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime, go fig I suppose. It makes sense why it rubbed me the right way. That and the rap beats were pretty sick.


This anime owns your grandmother.

I MUST SEE MORE!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger FeZrAm said…

    Yeah, horray for hypocrisy. I love this American culture.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Kessie said…

    You're way too picture happy sometimes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home