El Cid's Anime Rants

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I am Vampire! Hear Me Suck!

Today's screenings were rather interesting. I thought Last Exile was pretty spiffy, but a bit boring (at least the initial episode). My classmate who sits next to me literally dozed off, but I'll disclose his name so as to not get him in trouble. The ram goes "baahhh". It tore my pants. Stupid ez as stupid does.



"So. . . what's up with you? New robe, I see. . .Yep"

I'd seen some this anime before, and I liked it a lot. The characters are likeable and the visuals are nice. Interesting melding of CG and animation. It's not quite as seemless as Cowboy Bebop's CG work, but it looks really nice. I like the retro-future look. Very reminiscent of Final Fantasy.

We finished with an anime whose title I had heard many-a-time, but I had never watched. After watching two episodes of Hellsing, I'd give it at least one thumb up. It didn't blow me away, but I thought it was stylistically cool and delivered exactly what it should. I'm not huge on the whole vampire thing. I'm not that kind of nerd. It didn't quite fit my "male" fantasy of violence, per se. Show me a film with one bad-a-mofo who can beat up a butt-load of baddies with his bare hands, and then I'll start roughhousing with my bro.

And speaking of fantasy heros, I'm not huge into pirates either. There are many people out there that are little obnoxious about their love for pirates. The mere mention of the word pirate will get this loud in your face reaction of how much they could swashbuckle with the best of them if they had the chance. I guess it would be cool in a romantic/glorious way if I had to impale someone for my copy Macromedia Flash.


"Lay off the hickies. Everyone will notice."

I don't think I'll make an effort to see more episodes, but I liked what I saw. I enjoyed the first episode more than the second as I could actually soak in all the style and sleek action instead of being bogged down by the subtitles. They even changed "Alucard" to "Arucard" in the subs. Is that rearry necessary? I should have spoken up and said something, but I feel as though I would have been asking for some tacos al pastor at a bar mitzvah.

Alright, one more character review and I'm done! Peace out my homies.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Kessie said…

    Oh, its good! Champloo is good!

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger FeZrAm said…

    hey, in my defense, i was up since 8am monday morning. i spent the night working in the telecom editing room trying to make a decent project.
    nonetheless, i enjoyed the whole retro-future theme in last exile as much as i enjoyed koda kumi's music vid on cutie honey. adios.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home