El Cid's Anime Rants

Monday, April 11, 2005

Reflections

Wow, it's been too long since I've posted something, but unfortunately, I don't have much anime to talk about.

I guess what this class has shown me about me, is that although I really appreciate and love to watch anime, it's not something that my inner most soul is sold out 100% to. This past week, I haven't made an effort to watch any anime, and I suppose this is a little revealing.

This class has also shown me that I have some distinct tastes anime-wise. I was looking forward actually, to experiencing the whole spectrum of anime out of sheer curiousity. But this curiosity has mutated into disgust. There's just some anime that I'd pick having my balls kicked over.

But this very fact, I believe, isn't a knock against anime. The very fact that I love some anime and despise other says alot about how extensive anime is. Anime is so large, so diverse, and so catered demographically, that every audience is included.

There's something for everyone:















Perhaps my lack of anime enthusiasm may also be that the subconscious student in me is treating watching anime as homework. Perhaps certain things lose their lustor when they are required. Makes me wonder if stud horses really love their job.

Ah what am I say'n! Listen to me . . . of course making a living doing it with the finest of your species would be grand!

Oh . . . and anime is cool too.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger CScar said…

    I didn't know rabid Japanese girls, hungry for human flesh, liked watching Mao-Chan.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Rodrigo said…

    LOL!

    Y'know, Mao-Chan's cuteness is only skin deep. Underneath is a sick and twisted subliminal message.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home