El Cid's Anime Rants

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Saiyonara!

Wow, I can't believe this is it. It's been a fun ride. I've laughed (FL CL) , I've cried (Grave of Fireflies) , and I've thrown up (Saikano).

I'm very glad that I signed up for this class. It's given me an opportunity to watch anime, and that's something that doesn't happen on its own in my life. Before this class, the only way I got to watching anime was through friends. However, I may now pursue it on my own every now and then.

I've decided to compile a list of things I need to do as a result of this class. Here they are:


Number 1: Finish my anime flash

This class has inspired me to not only watch, but to create. I've begun working on a flash animation that is anime inspired. I've made some in the past, and they've done relatively well on www.newgrounds.com. For anyone interested, look up Megaman vs. Quickman.


Here's a screen shot of my work in progress:


"WHATEVER!"

Making this flash cartoon is a pretty grueling process, as I'm drawing, scanning, coloring, shading and animating everything. I haven't even thought about the backdrops (yeesh!). If anyone likes making backdrops, please let me know!


Number 2: Watch all of Samurai Champloo


Can you get more krunk than this?

As I've mentioned before, this class has really shown me that I have distinct tastes in my anime viewings. Champloo totally rocked me and I'll definately pursue the rest of the series. That Cowboy Bebop director Shinichiro Watanabe has done it again.

A friend of mine also gave me a ton of Bleach episodes, so perchance I'll see that as well.

Number 3: Watch Princess Mononoke


Ride that Jack-o-lope!

Of all the presentation that I got to see, I really enjoyed the one over director Miyazaki. I thought it was interesting to hear about the studios and directors involved in creating anime. It led me to view Spirited Away, which is now I piece of cinema that I want to own. . .well legally anyway.

Kudos to the classmate of that presentation.

Number 4: Buy some a Socom airsoft gun and some special tatics gear


Cosplay Fetish

Well, besides all the positives things this class has done for me, there have also been negatives. I now have a few skeletons in my closet because of certain extra credit opportunities.

But y'know. I can't say I didn't have fun at the Anime convention. My fellow fanboy buddy, Ram, and I totally wanted to hit up another convention after Ushicon. And that's when my brain started flowing with costume ideas. I even went to far as to look up what kind of weapon and gear Solid Snake uses in Metal Gear Solid. Yes, I know this is sick, depraved, and evil, but DANG IT, it's fun.

And along with the end of this class will be the end of this blog. I've really enjoyed writing entrees, and perhaps I'll keep up a more general blog on my own. (Yet again, something that has come out of this class.)

So my thanks to the readers of this blog (all 2 of you) and to Dr. K for putting together this class.
Saiyonara!
--El Cid

1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger flashcartoons said…

    I know what its like making a flashcartoon, it does take time, unless you have a few people it takes forever. Im working on a toon for 3 weeks now and all i have to show for it is 1min of animation. But its what i love to do, and good luck to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home